This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <Dr dot Volker dot Zell at oracle dot com>
- To: sven geier <sgeier at caltech dot edu>
- Cc: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 14:21:54 +0200
- Subject: Re: ghostscript?
- References: <loom.20040902T082303firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> sven geier writes:
> This may be a stupid-newbie-mistake or something, but I installed ghostscript
> and gv and when I type at the prompt
> % gv /path/to/some/ps/document
> gv comes up fine, then gives me an error alert-box that
> says "Unknown device: x11"
> Indeed, x11 does not seem to be one of the devices known to gs:
> so how is gv supposed to work? I can't be the first one to note this and I'm
> sure there's something incredibly simple I have to do here somewhere but...
> [scratches head]
...search the archives. You must install the x11 version of gs.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html