This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: compilig error: storage size of `st' isn't known
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "Jari Aalto+mail.linux" <letters at hotpop dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 08:41:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: compilig error: storage size of `st' isn't known
- References: <20040903073117.IIQQ21628.fep32-app.kolumbus.fi@W2KPICASSO.blue.sea>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Jari Aalto+mail.linux wrote:
> I'm trying to compile Linux program that starts like this:
> int main(int argc, char **argv)
> char **dirname = NULL;
> int i,j,n,p,q,dtotal,ftotal,colored = FALSE;
> struct stat64 st;
> But the compiler says:
> tree.c: In function `main':
> tree.c:204: error: storage size of `st' isn't known
> tree.c:204: warning: unused variable `st'
> What needs to be done in Cygwin to see "struct stat" ?
You can see "struct stat" just fine, but "struct stat64" is non-portable.
Just use "struct stat" -- I believe it's 64-bit in Cygwin anyway.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing." -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html