This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: XEmacs and Windows Fonts
- From: Jaap-Henk Hoepman <jhh at cs dot ru dot nl>
- To: "Dr. Volker Zell" <Dr dot Volker dot Zell at oracle dot com>
- Cc: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 08:50:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: XEmacs and Windows Fonts
- Organization: Radboud University Nijmegen, Department of Computer Science
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
That's really too bad. I understood you maintained the cygwin version that gets
installed with the cygwin netinstaller. With these font problems, that version
is not usable if you do not run X. I had to revert to xemacs version 21.4.13
for cygwin as distributed through the xemacs.org netinstaller, which _does_
work without X. I'd be happy to help diagnosing the problem...
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 14:20:03 +0200 "Dr. Volker Zell" <Dr.Volker.Zell@oracle.com> writes:
>>>>>> Jaap-Henk Hoepman writes:
> > I installed xemacs 21.4.15 yesterday (on cygwin 1.5.10-3) using the cygwin
> > netinstaller and still see the same problem (including weird truncation
> > characters, instead of the usual arrows i saw in previous versions, and
> > failure to redisplay properly).
> Sorry I'm only using the X version. I have no idea what's causing this.
> > Regards,
> > Jaap-Henk
Jaap-Henk Hoepman | I've got sunshine in my pockets
Dept. of Computer Science | Brought it back to spray the day
Radboud University Nijmegen | Gry "Rocket"
(w) www.cs.ru.nl/~jhh | (m) firstname.lastname@example.org
(t) +31 24 36 52710/53132 | (f) +31 24 3653137
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html