This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygserver - Postgres hung
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: Jean-Pierre Pelletier <jppelletier at e-djuster dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:30:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: cygserver - Postgres hung
- References: <003001c495aa$db8c23f0$6401a8c0@EDJMETCALFE>
Jean-Pierre Pelletier schrieb:
We ran PostgreSQL 7.4 for 9 months without problem.
We upgraded to PostgreSQL 7.4.5 with Cygwin 1.5.10 on a Windows 2000 server
to restart PostgreSQL and Cygserver every couple of hours because they hung.
We then upgraded to the just released cygwin 1.5.11-1 but are still
experimenting the same problem.
In the August mailing list there are entries entitled
"cygserver - Postgres Multiple connection Load Testing - Inifinte Loop"
This looks very much like our problem.
Has this problem been fixed with release 1.5.11-1?
No, but with the upcoming 8.0.0 release it's much better.
Just the plperl problem persists so far, and some other minor issues.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html