This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installing cygwin
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: "S.H Long" <longsh01 at hotmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 14:45:38 -0400
- Subject: Re: Installing cygwin
- References: <BAY12-F35qM0c7ibbDd00032053@hotmail.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 11:45 AM 9/8/2004, you wrote:
>I have just installed the latest full version cygwin on winxp. The root directory is "c:\cygwin\"
>Now whenever I start cygwin I get this,
>Your group is currently "mkpasswd". This indicates that
>the /etc/passwd (and possibly /etc/group) files should be rebuilt.
>See the man pages for mkpasswd and mkgroup then, for example, run
>mkpasswd -l [-d] > /etc/passwd
>mkgroup -l [-d] > /etc/group
>Note that the -d switch is necessary for domain users.
>/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/long
>How do I set the HOME path in cygwin to "c:\cygwin\home\username\", please provide a detailed explanation as I am new to this. And what is the mkpasswd about?
If you follow the directions given about 'mkpasswd', you'll probably
find your HOME path resolves itself. If not, visit
>Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
for guidelines on reporting problems to the list.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html