This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "minimal cygwin ?"
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: Michael Arndt <M dot Arndt at science-computing dot de>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 13:55:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: "minimal cygwin ?"
- References: <20040912125543.A47021@blnsrv1.science-computing.de>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 06:55 AM 9/12/2004, you wrote:
>Has anyone tailored a "minimal cywin install" with just the absolutely
>"required" cygwin components ?
>Explanation: I'd like to distribute cygwin to a farm of older nt systems
> with restricted discspace
> My favorite approach would be, to distribute a "minimal system"
> and add an additional sw package only on hosts with enough space
>is that doable, and has someone size estimations ?
A google search should unearth something on this topic. The key has always
been the definition of "minimal". The list of required packages depends
very much on what tools you want to use. 'setup.ini' might be a help to
you here if you're trying to figure out the specifics for your needs.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html