This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Shifting to a new user created
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Vivek Kumar Gupta" <vkgupta at networkprograms dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:23:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: Shifting to a new user created
- References: <002901c49951$4a9f2180$2833a8c0@bpsengar>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 01:19 AM 9/13/2004, you wrote:
>i am using cygwin on windows 2000.
>Problem: unable to shift to desirable user like from user: vkgupta to user: qa
>I have done
>$mkpasswd -d > /etc/passwd
>This had given me all the users in the domain now i want to shift from user: vkgupt to user:qa who are in my domain.
Please read and follow the guidelines of <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>
for any follow-up report to this one (and any future reports as well). It
will help those here on the list understand what you're doing and where you
see a problem.
In the absence of this information, I'll recommend that you look into
and install and configure the 'openssh' package. It has a facility that
will allow you to log into a machine as a different user.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html