This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ssmtp.exe doesn't authenticate against exchange
- From: Olaf Foellinger <Olaf dot Foellinger at sesa dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:59:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: ssmtp.exe doesn't authenticate against exchange
- References: <20040913052242.GB25198@zoosmart.us>
On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 10:22:42PM -0700, Alex wrote:
> it works against sendmail+cyrus but not against the latest
> exchange server. Any patches on the horizon?
The question is: Which authentication method does the exchange server
support? I've tried it first with firebird and then I've moved the
configuration to cygwin.
If e.g. the exchange server needs ssl, then I doubt that ssmtp will do
the job. I've installed and configured exim for this suppose.
Gruss Olaf Föllinger
Senior Consultant IT Solutions
S.E.S.A. Software und Systeme AG
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html