This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Undifined reference to _WinMain@16 (Attn: FAQ maintainer)
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID)" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, "'Kostadin Cholakov'" <pirinlion at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:51:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: RE: Undifined reference to _WinMain@16 (Attn: FAQ maintainer)
- References: <F76C9B2DA2FC4C4CA0A18E288BBCBCF708217D54@nihexchange24.nih.gov>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) wrote:
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Kostadin Cholakov
> > Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 4:25 PM
> > To: cygwin@XXXXXX.XXX
> > Subject: Undifined reference to _WinMain@16
> > Hi
> > I am using for a first time GCJ compiler (and I find
> > it strange) but it seems to work properly. I have my
> > first error message :). It is Undifined reference to
> > _WinMain@16. I checked the FAQ but the explanation
> > there doesn't help. In fact, it refers to GCC compiler
> > and the example is an Object C file. Anyway, I tried
> > by putting the -lm flag and it didn't work. I read all
> > stuff provided by man to see if there are some special
> > flags which I should put but I think there was nothing
> > which could help me. So, please, can somebody tell me
> > 2 simple commands in order to compile and then to run
> > a Java program using GCJ! Should I make some
> > additional changes in path or something else? Thanks!
This won't work with gcj. You need to pass a "--main" flag, e.g.,
gcj --main=Hello Hello.java
Would it be possible to add this to the above FAQ entry?
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing." -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html