This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: WinXP compressed dirs will work?
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: "electa" <electabuzz at katamail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:09:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: WinXP compressed dirs will work?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 05:01 PM 9/13/2004, you wrote:
>If i compress a dir in the home directory using WinXP native compressing,
>will it work with cygwin???
Yes. Compression is taken care of by Windows at a very low level. Cygwin
is a layer over Windows. Cygwin will never know the difference.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html