This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: login name changed
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: geneSmith <gene dot smith at sea dot siemens dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:10:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: login name changed
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 07:23 PM 9/14/2004, you wrote:
>Due to administrative reason my login name changed from "gene" to "gene.us." This also produced a new directory under "Documents and Setting" called "gene-us" which is my new default home directory for windows. However, cygwin never seems to get the message and when I start cygwin (via rxvt) it thinks my home is still in "gene." How do I tell cygwin to use "gene.us" as my home?
Same as always. Run 'mkpasswd'. See the docs:
and/or see '/etc/postinstall/base-files-profile.sh.done'.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html