This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ed for cygwin
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, "John Proffitt" <john dot proffitt at charter dot net>
- Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:08:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: ed for cygwin
- References: <loom.20040916T144125email@example.com>
John Proffitt wrote:
I have just loaded cygwin on my computer and it looks great. I have
to experiment with my unix script files to see what modifications will be
needed. Many of my script files use the ed editor to manipulate files and
cygwin does not include the ed editor.
Yes it does.
Is there a line editor that I can use under cygwin?
What text editors are supplied with cygwin?
Also, I have many perl scripts, how do I load the perl package?
Same way you installed cygwin in the first place.
Take some time browsing through the list of available packages in the setup
program - there's a *lot* there.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html