This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cron and copying files across drives: how?
- From: Isaac Foraker <isaac dot foraker at xilinx dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:39:12 -0600
- Subject: Re: cron and copying files across drives: how?
- Organization: Xilinx, Inc.
- References: <414A0635.email@example.com>
You need to "net use" the network drive before you can access it through
Andrea M wrote:
I am having a problem running a simple bash script with cron. The
script executes and behaves as expected when run from the command
line, but when run by cron, it fails to execute some commands.
I narrowed the problem down and found out that cron fails to copy
files between drives; for example, the following does not work
* * * * * cp /cygdrive/c/Andrea/try.png /cygdrive/z/try.png
I should mention that the z drive is a network drive. And yes, a
simple script containing that command does execute correctly from the
Thanks in advance
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html