RE: problem to read files

  Your application probably has a bug.  Cut it down to a dead simple
testcase: just open a single file, read something from it, and close it,
printing return values and errno after each operation.  If that works, it's
not a cygwin bug.  If that doesn't, post the testcase and people can try to
reproduce it.  You might also be able to deduce what's happening by watching
file activity while your application runs and fails with a utility such as
filemon from sysinternals
(http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml)

    cheers,
      DaveK