This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Starting sshd with ipv6 address only
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:40:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: Starting sshd with ipv6 address only
- References: <BAY15-F38Gq69GPghg200036622@hotmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sep 17 15:33, dimitri berbanov wrote:
> I'm running cygwin under Win XP, but I cannot get sshd to listen only on
> ipv6 address. I've installed sshd as a service with "cygrunsrv -I sshd
> --path /usr/sbin/sshd.exe -a -6" (in order to force sshd to use only IPv6
> address), and I've modified sshd_config with "ListenAddress <host's ipv6
> global address>". But when I try to start sshd "process unexpectedly
> terminates", and in /var/log/sshd.log it says "bad addr or host: <host's
> ipv6 global address> (no address associated with host name)."
> What could have gone wrong? Any help would be mostly appreciated.
Cygwin doesn't support ipv6 and therefore Cygwin's OpenSSH doesn't suport
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html