This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [APPS] ping python maintainer (and others) - Launching cygwin apps from cmd.exe vs. softlinks in /bin
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:48:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: [APPS] ping python maintainer (and others) - Launching cygwin apps from cmd.exe vs. softlinks in /bin
- References: <NUTMEG5YI9IJsaJbqJG000000b6@NUTMEG.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 04:09:50PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>Now, in this particular case "python.exe" is a cygwin old-style
>softlink rather than a windoze .lnk-style shortcut.
Because that's how setup.exe sets up symlinks. PTC.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html