This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Lot of undefined symbols at link time, even with -l option on good libraries
- From: Frédéric ORMANCEY <frederic dot ormancey at atosorigin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:38:32 +0000
- Subject: Lot of undefined symbols at link time, even with -l option on good libraries
- Organization: AtosOrigin
- Reply-to: frederic dot ormancey at atosorigin dot com
Using latest release of CygWin ( 1.5.11-1 ) I install the devel kit,
including gcc and gnat compilers. Then I build from src GCC and GNAT
release 3.4.1 ( which include necessary patchs for my application ).
All my Ada application compile well with gnatmake command, but link
failed with a lot of undefined symbols mainly issued from w32api and
Undefined symbols are for example : FormatMessageA, GlobalReAlloc,
CreateDialogParamA, WSAStartup, accept, select, ... about 100 undefined
from system libraries.
Of course system libraries are included at link time with the
appropriate -l option ( -lnetapi32 -lwsock32 -lshell32 -ladvapi32
-lwinmm -lodbc32 -lwin32ada -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -laddr2line
-lbfd -liberty )
I verify with NM command, symbols are right defined in the included
If someone have an idea ?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html