This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin, libtool, dlpreopen, and .rdata
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: libtool-patches at gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:56:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: cygwin, libtool, dlpreopen, and .rdata
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <41511C3F.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
> But it can't, because .rdata is non-writable. However, this is a
> *runtime* error; the *link* succeeds. But when you run the app, you get
> a popup window declaring:
> "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK
> to terminate the application."
Ahhhhhhhhhh, this is the reason why I cannot get GConf running in
first place. Thank you Charles for this information!!!!!!!
> Note, I found this problem in libtool-1.5.x, but it exists in HEAD, too.
> The following patch is against HEAD...
I'll try if it works ok with this solution.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html