This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.log in /var/log/
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Angelo Graziosi (D. Zanello)" <Angelo dot Graziosi at roma1 dot infn dot it>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:03:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: setup.log in /var/log/
- References: <Pine.OSF.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 04:27 AM 9/22/2004, you wrote:
>I have noted that in /var/log/ there are setup.log and setup.log.full.
>setup.log contains the description of all my CYGWIN packages installation
>from the first installation (Jun 2003): it is a file of 250 MB! Can I
>remove these files without corrupt the CYGWIN installation?
Of course. Log files are just that. If you have no need of the logged
information (i.e. your installation went fine, etc.), then removing the
files is an option.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html