This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
problem with cygwin box (termcap?)
- From: "David Arnstein" <arnstein at panix dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:56:54 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: problem with cygwin box (termcap?)
- Reply-to: arnstein at pobox dot com
I launch a cygwin "box" (command window) on my Windows 2000 machine.
I run ssh to connect to a shell account running a variant of BSD Unix.
Whenever I use the program "less" on that shell account, it complains
"WARNING: terminal is not fully functional."
Another user has stated that tin (the news reader) complains
"tin: Terminal must have clear to end-of-screen (cd)
I suspect that these issues are related. Can the termcap entry for
cygwin be improved? Or is this truly a limitation of the cygwin box?
Thanks for any ideas.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html