This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problem with cygwin box (termcap?)
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:58:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: problem with cygwin box (termcap?)
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <200409221956.i8MJusA06757@panix1.panix.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
David Arnstein wrote:
> I launch a cygwin "box" (command window) on my Windows 2000 machine.
> I run ssh to connect to a shell account running a variant of BSD Unix.
> Whenever I use the program "less" on that shell account, it complains
> "WARNING: terminal is not fully functional."
> Another user has stated that tin (the news reader) complains
> "tin: Terminal must have clear to end-of-screen (cd)
> I suspect that these issues are related. Can the termcap entry for
> cygwin be improved? Or is this truly a limitation of the cygwin box?
You could also just use rxvt instead of of a cmd.exe window, which
should result in $TERM being set to "rxvt" which should be recognised
everywhere. If for whatever reason you must use cmd.exe then follow the
advice already in the thread to add the "cygwin" terminal info to the
database on the remote end.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html