This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [OT] PCYMTNQREAIYR, it really works.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:39:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: [OT] PCYMTNQREAIYR, it really works.
- References: <NUTMEGx2ThBlwRTD9yN00000057@NUTMEG.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 01:14:39PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>_Now_ is it on-topic?
I have to point out that I'm getting spam to some new accounts which
have only been used to send email to mailing lists which munge addresses
with the "me at cgf dot cx" method, so this isn't foolproof.
Hmm. I wonder if I just replaced all of the '@'s with a png of an '@',
if that would foil the spammers.
Nope. Wouldn't work for the text archives.
I *really* have to dust off the filter that I was working on which
removed the host part of "unimportant" email addresses before they got
to the archives.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html