This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "man socket" is not working.
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "news.gosonic.com" <coder400 at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 22:22:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: "man socket" is not working.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, news.gosonic.com wrote:
> I have /usr/include/sys/socket.h . But I need the manuals! help!!
> my manpath is:
> Thank you !!
In general, when you need to find out whether some particular file exists
in the Cygwin distribution, use the Cygwin package search page at
<http://cygwin.com/packages/>. A quick search for "socket\.2" shows that
it's not present in any of the packages. This means that the socket(2)
manpage doesn't exist in Cygwin.
There are two choices:
1) Google: <http://google.com/search?q=man+socket> turns up loads of hits.
2) Help yourself and others: package and offer to maintain a
"unix_manpages" Cygwin package. It would, of course, be preferable if you
synced the manpages with the Cygwin functionality, instead of just blindly
copying, say, the Debian set of man pages.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing." -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html