This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin login
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:22:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: Cygwin login
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <BD79F7B6.26D4firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
"John M. L." wrote:
> I've read the man pages for cygwin's 'login' command and have found little
> information to know exactly what it does. I assume it lets you login with a
> username but I have tried over and over with no luck. My only guess is that
> 'login' uses the local machine or domain accounts (one of which isn't
> working correctly).
Read /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/login.README. And no, you cannot use it like
you want. If you want to switch user credentials you have to use ssh.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html