This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: References to both cygwin1.dll and msvcrt.dll
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Patrick Samson <p_samson at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:18:56 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: References to both cygwin1.dll and msvcrt.dll
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Patrick Samson wrote:
> I use a dll which have references to both
> cygwin and m$:
> $ cygcheck /usr/share/tcl8.4/dp4.0/win/dp40.dll
> D:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll <-------------
> C:\WINNT\System32\msvcrt.dll <------------
> Should I suspect this to be a possible source of trouble? Or does it
> mean nothing?
Depends. Usually, this results in some sort of trouble, mostly because of
the separate parallel stdio, malloc, etc implementations. You may be able
to get away with it for a while if none of the msvcrt functions are
actually called, but it may come back and bite you in the future.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing." -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html