This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Convert Word/html/pdf/TeX to Postscript
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Alex Vinokur <alexvn at connect dot to>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:45:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Convert Word/html/pdf/TeX to Postscript
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Alex Vinokur wrote:
> Does Cygwin hold any tools to convert Word/html/pdf/TeX to Postscript?
Let's take them one at a time:
Word->PS: you don't need Cygwin tools, just print to file on a portable
PostScript printer driver (Adobe LaserWriter is a good one that I usually
use -- make sure the PostScript driver options say "optimize for
portability"). Not Cygwin-specific (or -related) at all.
HTML->PS: same as above, but use your favorite browser to print.
PDF->PS: two ways: 1) Use Acrobat Reader to print to file (as above); or
2) (the Cygwin way) use the pdf2ps script that comes with ghostscript.
TeX->PS: need you ask? LaTeX! :-)
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing." -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html