This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
file conversion utility sought: from isolatin (8859-1) to utf8
- From: "Ralf Hauser" <ralfhauser at gmx dot ch>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:17:04 +0200
- Subject: file conversion utility sought: from isolatin (8859-1) to utf8
- Reply-to: <hauser at acm dot org>
Are there any tools like d2u or u2d for UTF-8 for cygwin?
In http://lists.suse.com/archive/m17n/2004-Jun/0002.html, Bjoern talks about
the "recode" and "iconv" utilities, but these don't appear to exist in
I need to convert many pages for a web-site in a batch.
I imagine something like a command
that converts files "in place" or also to stdout or to an out-file that can
be specified with a command-line parameter?
A starting point might be
Any hints would be highly appreciated
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html