This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: file conversion utility sought: from isolatin (8859-1) to utf8
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 03:40:44 -0700
- Subject: Re: file conversion utility sought: from isolatin (8859-1) to utf8
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <md5:D633E8B05DCFD540A27567FFA8840581>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Ralf Hauser wrote:
> Are there any tools like d2u or u2d for UTF-8 for cygwin?
> In http://lists.suse.com/archive/m17n/2004-Jun/0002.html, Bjoern talks about
> the "recode" and "iconv" utilities, but these don't appear to exist in
Cygwin has a libiconv package, which you must have overlooked.
$ iconv --help
Usage: iconv [-c] [-s] [-f fromcode] [-t tocode] [file ...]
or: iconv -l
$ which iconv
$ cygcheck -f /usr/bin/iconv
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html