This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Problems building setup from CVS.
- From: Brian Ford <ford at vss dot fsi dot com>
- To: Dave Korn <dk at artimi dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:23:32 -0500
- Subject: RE: Problems building setup from CVS.
- References: <NUTMEGmjsxRRED74GM500000123@NUTMEG.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Dave Korn wrote:
> Well, the complaints about missing automake-1.8 don't seem to have had
> any impact on my build - then again, I haven't been modifying the auto*
> files in the subdirs, and perhaps if I had patched them with that patch
> of yours the build process might well decide the subdir
> configure/makefiles were out-of-date and needed -1.8 to rebuild. At
> which point I'd try symlinking -1.8 to -1.9.1 and hope it worked.
Run aclocal, then it will look for automake-1.9.1. I wish it didn't do
this because I share my sources between Cygwin and Solaris where I do not
have automake-1.9.1, just plain automake.
Senior Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems
the best safety device in any aircraft is a well-trained pilot...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html