This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: file conversion utility sought: from isolatin (8859-1) to utf8
- From: "Ehud Karni" <ehud at unix dot mvs dot co dot il>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: hauser at acm dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:19:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: file conversion utility sought: from isolatin (8859-1) to utf8
- Organization: Mivtach-Simon Insurance agencies
- References: <F0D7281DAB048B438E8F5EC4ECEFBDDC4E722A@esmail.elsag.de>
- Reply-to: ehud at unix dot mvs dot co dot il
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:48:23 +0200, Joerg.Schaible@Elsag-Solutions.com wrote:
> Ralf Hauser wrote on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 12:17 PM:
> > Hi,
> > Are there any tools like d2u or u2d for UTF-8 for cygwin?
> > In http://lists.suse.com/archive/m17n/2004-Jun/0002.html,
> > Bjoern talks about the "recode" and "iconv" utilities, but
> > these don't appear to exist in cygwin.
> Recode builds OOTB though.
The `iconv' utility and `libiconv` are included in cygwin (in the
libiconv or libiconv2 packages).
Ehud Karni Tel: +972-3-7966-561 /"\
Mivtach - Simon Fax: +972-3-7966-667 \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Insurance agencies (USA) voice mail and X Against HTML Mail
http://www.mvs.co.il FAX: 1-815-5509341 / \
GnuPG: 98EA398D <http://www.keyserver.net/> Better Safe Than Sorry
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html