This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygserver won't start
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:42:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: cygserver won't start
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <4159D706.6020402@Hipp.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Michael Hipp wrote:
> I realize this topic was discussed at length quite recently but in all
> those posts I was not able to discern a solution.
> I installed cygserver with 'cygserver-config'.
> But starting the service produces:
> cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1062:
> The service has not been started.
Look in /var/log/cygserver.log and your Windows Event Log for the cause.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html