This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installing from downloaded files or CD
- From: Peter Flynn <pflynn at ucc dot ie>
- To: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke at gnu dot org>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:43:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: Installing from downloaded files or CD
- Organization: University College Cork
- References: <email@example.com> <415196AD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 19:12, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Peter Flynn writes:
> > error: libkpathsea3abi13 not in [curr]
> > error: libkpathsea3abi13 no install
> Sorry. This *is* a showstopper. I've updated cyg-apt. This time
> I've tested it too (under Wine), and it works fine.
Thanks very much, it all seems to download fine now...but...
> If you get setup.exe problems (crashes), please report them to
> email@example.com; I have seen bug reports for Windows XP for the
> latest version.
I burned it all to CD:
> [tmp]$ ls -l lily
> total 296
> -rwxrwxr-x 1 peter peter 18246 Sep 28 19:09 cyg-apt
> drwxrwxr-x 3 peter peter 4096 Sep 29 10:30 etc
> drwxrwxr-x 3 peter peter 4096 Sep 29 10:30
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 peter peter 268800 Apr 25 16:03 setup.exe
> [tmp]$ du -s lily
> 39532 lily
But installing it on an NT machine broke setup.exe. It started off fine,
checked all the MD5s down as far as lilypond-2.2.5-1, and then popped up
a window saying:
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> Runtime Error!
> Program E:\lily\setup.exe
> abnormal program termination
The NT system is fully updated, and I'm not a Windows person, so I'm
stuck at this stage. Clicking OK aborts the setup.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html