This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup.hint for base-passwd is incorrect (setup.exe question)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:52:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: Setup.hint for base-passwd is incorrect (setup.exe question)
- References: <415B69C8.15810.82951F@localhost>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 02:04:56AM -0500, Doug Wyatt wrote:
>I've just investigated an anomaly with the base-passwd package,
>which turns out to be an incorrect setup.hint file in the repository.
>repository base-passwd directories contain
> base-passwd-2.0-1.tar.bz2 30-Nov-2003 07:16 1k
> base-passwd-2.1-1.tar.bz2 21-Aug-2004 11:48 1k
> md5.sum 21-Aug-2004 13:54 1k
> setup.hint 16-Jul-2004 02:11 1k
>but the setup.hint file contains
>sdesc: "A script to set up initial passwords and groups"
>requires: cygwin ash
>Is 2.0-1 curr and 2.1-1 test, or is 2.0-1 prev and 2.1-1 curr?
I don't remember. Do we still need base-passwd or is this now part
Max? Rob? I see myself responding to threads about this in the archives
but I'm not clear on what eventually happened.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html