Re: Cygwin & openssh(d) & login without password

On Oct  5 16:00, David Campbell wrote:
> I've read lots of web pages about how to set it up, and I believe I've
> followed them, eg http://bumblebee.lcs.mit.edu/ssh2/ (for openssh to
> openssh):

Why don't you read the official documentation instead?  OpenSSH comes
with a lot of man pages.  Then there's /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README.
Then you could have used ssh-host-config and ssh-user-config for the
basic configuration.

> The ssh client user's identity has to be in the other user's
> authorized_keys2 file. In this example, the two files are identical.

`man ssh' does not mention authorized_keys2 at all.  The file is called
authorized_keys and contains all keys, SSH1 and SSH2 RSA/DSA keys.

> The permissions of the files have to be right:

And ~/.ssh/authorized_keys must be readable by the user running sshd,
so usually SYSTEM or sshd_server (on 2K3).

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.