Re: Add requirement for SYSTEMROOT to FAQ?

David A. Rogers wrote:
> Corrina asked why it was necessary to hide SYSTEMROOT.  I read that as "What
> is the reason for hiding SYSTEMROOT?"

Reading skills needed!  Her name is Corinna.  Also, if you'd read the
Perhaps you are new to this forum, and are not aware that cgf and
Corinna are the two key Cygwin developers.  It's unlikely either
would need to be told again what the SYSTEMROOT problem is.

I understood Corinna's question to be "Why should the Cygwin kernel
need to hide the fact that the SYSTEMROOT environment variable is set
from a Cygwin app (yet still pass it on to a Windows subprocess)".
You didn't answer that.

> In any case, I don't think an attempt to be helpful warrents a snippy
> response.

<picky> The word is "warrants". </picky>

I think the "snippy" (?) response was from frustration on cgf's part.  Not
only did you misappropriate a quote to him, you didn't answer the question
asked, and gave already known information.

-- Cliff