Re: cygwin/x symantec antivirus conflict (fixed in snapshot?)

Christopher Faylor wrote:
For those who haven't been following along at home, it looks like a
change I just made to select() may solve the dreaded "slows down to a
crawl with Symantec AntiVirus" problem.

This may also improve the performance of things that use sockets
slightly.

So, I'd appreciate reports on the latest snapshot.  Does it fix any
problems?  Cause any problems?  No change?

Wow! Using the 2004-10-10 snapshot, I'm experiencing an ubelievable speed improvement. The typing delay as well as the remote X apps drawing delays are gone.

In addition, I confirm that openssh with X forwarding and Cygwin/X are both functioning as they should.

cgf and Philip, thank you immensely.