Re: startup problem // no longer works // profile not called

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Alex Vinokur wrote:

> "Igor Pechtchanski" wrote:

> > > $ find /etc/postinstall -name \*.done | sed 's/\.done$//' | xargs cygcheck -f | uniq > zzz3.txt
> > > // zzz3.txt is attached

> > Ah, that explains your problem.  You have Lilypond installed, which
> > requires teTeX, but you don't have teTeX installed.  It's usually a good
> > idea to let setup.exe select the required packages -- if you unselect
> > them, you should know *exactly* what you're doing.
> >
> > Please select "Reinstall" for all of the packages in your zzz3.txt file.
> > If setup selects other packages for installation, let it.  Then try
> > running cygwin.bat again.
> > Igor
>
> I did that.
>
> It seems that I got rid of problem "bash: kpsexpand: command not found".

Great.  So it was simply a missing dependency problem.

> However,
> $ find /etc/postinstall -name \*.done | sed 's/\.done$//' | xargs cygcheck -f | uniq > postinstall.txt  // Attached
> postinstall.txt  contains a lot of files. Is it correct?

Sure it is.  The above command simply lists all the packages installed on
your machine that have postinstall scripts -- nothing wrong with having
them.  The reason I asked you to get this information initially was that
because of your screwed up mounts the postinstall scripts may not have run
properly, and reinstalling the packages was one way of getting them to
re-run, so this showed which packages to reinstall.
HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT