Matlab does not recognize cygwin's fortran compiler?

Hi. I am trying to mex a Fortran file from MATLAB and
for some reason my f77 compiler is not recognized. I
am working on Windows XP Professional Ver 5.1 and
using Cygwin DLL version: 1.5.11.?

A friend tells me I need to download another package
which allows matlab to recognize cygwin's compiler but
he doesn't remember its name. I would greatly
appreciate any helpful information in this regard.
?
Thanks,?
Rati
?