Re: /cygdrive command line completion?

>> Is this a FAQ? Can't find it.
>

>mkdir /cygdrive
>
>WFM, anyway.

WFM, too. Thanks.

If you type

ls /cygdrive/<tab>

it should just work without creating the directory.

Ha! The whole point was to avoid having to type /cygdrive ! This won't work for me anyway since I have 'c' and 'd' drives.

 Ah, didn't guess that.  I had tried "ls /cygdrive<tab>" and it didn't work,
so....

The directory is only necessary if you want to do:

ls /cyg<tab>

and have the "drive" part added.

Unfortunately, the presence of cygwin.bat and cygwin.ico in the root tend to make a mess of that, and even making them both non-executable doesn't help.

Rename cygwin.bat to Cygwin.bat and cygwin.ico to Cygwin.ico.

WFM, anyway. ;-)

Raye.

cheers, DaveK