Re: packages that should be in the cygwin distribution but aren't

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 04:41:23PM +0100, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Christopher Faylor wrote:

bind

I have bind here, please someone grab it and make a package from this initial port, the server needs more testing: http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/DNS/bind-9.2.2/

coreutils
mailx
ping
sendmail
screen

In some cases we have packages which offer similar-but-not-identical
behavior but in some cases (ping, screen) we don't have anything close,
AFAIK.

I'm sure that there must be other packages that are missing.  Can
anyone add to the above list?  Are we missing any standard development
packages, for instance?

I think you missed my point.  Many, if not most of these are not standard
linux packages.  atlas?  cblas?  editline? libtar? "haskel compiler"?

Maybe you use these packages every day but I don't think they fall into
the category that I was looking for.

dmalloc (maybe), mysql, and (maybe) mozilla would be potential
candidates, though.

I got the most if not all from here: http://packages.debian.org/stable/libs/ http://packages.debian.org/stable/devel/

Maybe these are not standard packages for administrators, but since you
asked for development packages, these all are basic libraries or
compilers for developers.  Did I mention classpath?

Gerrit -- =^..^=