Re: Getting latest version of cygwin1.dll

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 05:29:31PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>Darkfalz wrote:
>>When I go to the main website, ALL I want to do is get the latest
>>cygwin1.dll file. You SHOULD have a link to a zip containing it on the
>>main
>>page.
>>
>>But no, instead you offer your stupid installer, or you offer a page to
>>browse packages, but what do the packages contain? TEXT LISTING OF FILES
>>WHICH AREN'T EVEN THERE!
>>
>>Why do you have to make it so freaking hard for people who only need the
>>dll
>>to run cygwin programs?
>
>I pity people who think ranting rudely is a good way to persuade people to
>be more accomodating to their needs.

It's funny.  I have been trying to make exactly this point over in the
cygwin-xfree list, too.

Apparently, it's ok for people asking for help to be rude.  The people
providing the help, however, are supposed to take the rudeness as
constructive criticism and thoughtfully consider every rude request as a
learning opportunity.

cgf