RE: Upgraded man command

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Harig, Mark wrote:

> [...]

Sure, but that'll only work if base-files is reinstalled/upgraded at the
same time as the man package.  If we want the man package to be
self-contained, we should add the same logic that's in
/etc/preremove/base-files.sh to /etc/preremove/man.sh.

Incidentally, the code that looks through the manifest file and does the
comparisons can be factored out to something like
/etc/preremove/remove-defaults.sh, and then invoked from both man.sh and
base-files.sh as "/etc/preremove/remove-defaults.sh
/etc/preremove/man-manifest.lst" or "/etc/preremove/remove-defaults.sh
/etc/preremove/base-files-manifest.lst", respectively.  Unless we ever get
a package called "remove-defaults", this should be safe to do.  The actual
script can be part of the base-files package (once setup is changed to run
all preremove scripts first, before removing package contents).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT