RE: Suggesting an application

If you install winpcap (http://winpcap.polito.it/), you can use windump
(http://windump.polito.it/).

If it is in your PATH while you are running a cygwin shell, you can run
it from there.  You can ssh into a system running cygwin's OpenSSH
server and run windump (assuming you installed it on the remote system).

It works just like tcpdump for the most part since it uses tcpdump as
the code-base.

Since Cygwin is just a subsystem and not a virtual machine of any kind,
recompiling libpcap or tcpdump would be sort of pointless.

-Jason

On Monday, November 29, 2004 5:51 PM, Gregg C Levine wrote

> Hello from Gregg C Levine
> This is probably the wrong Cygwin list for bringing this up, but....
> For my work I need to have the tcpdump application running.
>
> That's usually part of all Linux distributions, including my favorite
> one. But I've noticed it's not part of the Cygwin collection. Of
> course I can grab
> the sources from that distribution and build it here, but what about
> adding it
> to the next great release of Cygwin?
> ---
> Gregg C Levine landocalrissian atsign att dot net
> "This signature prefers to fly X-Wings."

Confidentiality notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery
of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.