Re: findutils-4.2.10-2

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 10:09:57PM +0000, fergus wrote:
>Upgraded today to findutils-4.2.10-1 and then it seems almost
>immediately to findutils-4.2.10-2.

The announcement for findutils states:

  Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: findutils-4.2.10-2

>I now find that moderately short lists of the style
>
>  find <dirname> | xargs md5sum
>  find <dirname> | xargs file
>
>etc die with "find: xargs: list too long". In the past (yesterday) such
>commands generated the required response even with exceptionally long
>lists.
>
>Anybody else?

I was going to say "WJFFM" and point you to
http://cygwin.com/problems.html but then I remembered that I have my
/bin directory mounted with the -X option to squeeze that extra bit of
performance out of cygwin.  When I remove that option, I do occasionally
get the error you reported.

I'll release a new version which fixes this problem, ASAP.

cgf