RE: cygwin-gcc-fopen bug? (Purify)

  AAArrgh!  It's a Rational tool!  Oh no, run away!

> Has anyone out there gotten either Purify
> or BoundsChecker to work with Cygwin?
> I'll wager that if you could, Purify would
> pinpoint a lot of tricky issues extremely
> quickly.  Maybe a tool to munge the symbol
> table into VC-compatible form?

  Maybe we should try and port the free open-source equivalent valgrind
(http://valgrind.kde.org/) instead?  I haven't ever looked at this, but it ought
to be possible.  I note that you can use (a special variant version of) valgrind
to verify win32 apps running on WINE.  So I guess there's a long-way-round to do
that already....

    cheers,
      DaveK