Re: Can't configure setup.exe from CVS (and a plea for setup.exe alternative)

Christopher Faylor wrote:
Oh, and I fixed this on the server side.  The process which creates the
"mirrors.list" file that setup.exe uses will no longer output "^rsync:"
lines to that file.

Thanks, that's a good idea anyway, for bandwidth/download time, given every (non-local) run of every copy of setup.exe is downloading that file.

This should still be fixed in setup.exe for completeness but I won't
hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

No, don't hold your breath, I don't work quite that fast, and it would be a sad loss for Cygwin if you were to die of senseless asphyxiation :-).

But, it's fixed now. CVS trunk setup will now restrict itself to ftp:// and http:// URL schemes.

Max.