Re: Bug: link.exe

I'll be plain. I try to contribute feedback to open source projects that I use. I've had my own projects, and know how hard it is to get feedback. I like Cygwin. It lets me switch between Unix and Windows configurations relatively easily.

I am, however, greatly disappointed at how negatively certain members of this list treat people who provide feedback. Not being able to keep up with the volume of the list, I don't always catch that upgrading Cygwin will break my build configurations. In future, I am inclined to not report new problems after upgrading. There are certain list members who seem to have a deep insight into Cygwin, and rather than sharing, they lambast those users who do not have the time to make Cygwin a major part of their lives. Not all of us have the time to review several months worth of list archives to find what we need. That just plain sucks.

Thanks for making such a useful tool available to the public.
IF