RE: Obscene content in cygwin file.

Gerrit P. Haase (who should know better) wrote:

> Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> > The question stands:  What is the reason Cygwin should provide this
> > obscene content?
>
> Yes, why not?

Because they're lousy with potty-mouth.

> Yes, it is traditional.

Granted, off-color jokes are as old as time.  Cygwin is however not bound by
any traditions, certainly none related to purile toilet humor.

> Yes, administrators like those kind of things.

Granted, there are a lot of sysadmins with a junior-high mentality.  Why
should Cygwin/Red Hat take on the risk of providing them with the porn they
so desperately crave?

> Yes, computers are not for children.

Sez a guy who apparently has been living in a cave since the fifties ;-).

> Yes, because we like freedom of speech.

As long as its dirty speech (q.v. your "shut up" admonition below).

> Yes, because we like guys like you asking annoying questions.

Hey, I though you liked freedom of speech?

> If you cannot guess a reason for yourself,

I cannot, which is why I asked the question.  Nor apparently can you, as the
question remains unanswered even after your multi-point attempt here.

> just remove this
> package from your repository and shut up.

Ah, "shut up", the ultimate answer when one knows what the right thing is,
but for reasons unknown one does not wish to do the right thing.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle