Re: Hyperthreading Problem - suggestion

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 12:20:23PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 09:53:55AM +0100, Volker Bandke wrote:
>>I really want that "hyperthreading problem" with Cygwin resolved.  Does
>>the following suggestion make any sense:
>>
>>(I assume cfg is in the US, if not, make the necessary changes)
>>
>>a: Someone (close by to cfg) demonstrates that the bug/problem/issue
>>appears on his machine
>>
>>b: This someone determines what an identical replacement machine would
>>cost now
>>
>>c: CFG (or the someone from a) sets up a paypal account for "HT Machine
>>Donations"
>>
>>d: When the required amount is reached, the Someone from a: sends his
>>machine to CFG and buys a replacement out of the paypal account
>>
>>I am willing to pay 100 USD into that account.  Knowing that my machine
>>has cost about Euro 1000 I believe it should take a real short time to
>>provide cfg with a machine to test / debug the hyperthreading issue .
>
>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-09/msg00084.html

I have, with some misgivings, set up a donations page:

http://cygwin.com/donations.html

This is something that I've wanted to do for a while and, IIRC, I've
even previously gotten buy-in from other developers and package maintainers.

If other package maintainers want to add their links, please send me
private email with the appropriate info and I'll do so post-haste.

cgf