Re: Registry settings of cygwin

At 09:07 PM 1/12/2005, you wrote:
>On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:02:47 -0500, Larry Hall
><lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com> wrote:
>> At 08:50 PM 1/11/2005, you wrote:
>> >Hi guys
>> >
>> >I am having trouble installing cygwin, I had a previous installation
>> >and tried to install a new one, and that's when the trouble came in,
>> >seems like cygwin hasn't forgotton the registry settings, so I removed
>> >settings from
>> >
>> >HKLM
>> >HKCU
>> >
>> >But still something seems amiss. Are there any other registry enteries
>>

>> Nope.  See the FAQ entry:
>>
>> How do I uninstall all of Cygwin?
>> <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_toc.html#TOC20>
>>
>> If that's what you deleted, then it sounds like you got them all.
>>

>Thanks, I have a bit old setup, but the trouble seems to be that when
>I installed cygwin in f:\foo it does not run most of the programs
>giving an error that cygwin needs to be installed X:\cygwin\
>
>So I copied cygwin.dll and at least bash started to work.

I'm assuming you meant 'cygwin1.dll'.  Having more than one copy of
'cygwin1.dll' on your system is bound to cause problems.  There's no
reason that a copy of the DLL would work better than the original.  I
would recommend that you remove the copy.

>But still
>couple of problems. Has anybody else faced a similar problem?

Its hard to say with the description given so far.  You should look
at and follow <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> for problem reporting
guidelines.

Holliston, MA 01746